- Bridge & Highway Surveys
- Boundary Retracement Surveys
- Horizontal & Vertical Control Surveys
- Streetscape Improvement Surveys
- Topographic and H&H Surveys
- Establishing Best Fit Centerline for the PA Turnpike
- Aerial Ground Control Surveys
- Terrestrial Scanning of Bridges and Specialty Surveys
- Railroad Surveys
- Confined Spaced Surveys
Confined Spaced Surveys
A confined space is defined as any location that has limited openings for entry and egress, is not intended for continuous employee occupancy, and is so enclosed that natural ventilation may not reduce air contaminants to levels below the threshold limit value (TLV). Examples of confined spaces include: manholes, stacks, pipes, storage tanks, trailers, tank cars, pits, sumps, hoppers, and bins. Entry into confined spaces without proper precautions could result in injury, impairment, or death due to:
- an atmosphere that is flammable or explosive;
- lack of sufficient oxygen to support life;
- contact with or inhalation of toxic materials; or
- general safety or work area hazards such as steam or high pressure materials.
Monaloh Basin Engineers (MBE) is experienced providing survey services in confined spaces. All confined space surveys are conducted in accordance with OSHA Standard CFR 1910.146 confined space entry regulations.
Our personnel are fully trained in confined space entry and operation including duties as a Supervisor, Entrant, Attendant or Rescue Team Member as well as general confined space hazards and control, use of equipment, communications and monitoring gear as well as specific confined space hazard controls. All confined space personnel hold a Confined Space Entry with Non Entry Rescue certificate as well as CPR/First Aid certifications.
Equipment owned and maintained by Monaloh for confined space operations include:
- Rescue Personnel Equipment (full body harnesses, lifelines, 500+ ft. of rope)
- Ventis MX4 Multi Gas Monitor
- Calibration Station
- Demand Flow Regulator
Prior to entering a confined space, the job requirements are reviewed by Monaloh management to make sure all risks are known, all precautions have been taken and the equipment is functional and calibrated. A specific confined space work plan is prepared. Permits are obtained if applicable.
Monaloh has provided confined space survey services throughout the state of Pennsylvania. Our project experience includes the following:
- Box Culverts under S.R. 0030 at the intersection of Ardmore Blvd. and Braddock Road
- Arch Culverts under S.R. 0079 North and South Bound and Ramps to S.R. 0376 North Bound.